Monday 17 June 2013

Snapping out of it

I had a bad training week last week. One run - a solid 9k lunchtime run with a friend in 42 minutes something. 9k, when I aim to average at least 50 over the year.

I don't really know what happened. My ideal week at the moment looks something like this:

Mon or Tues: 5x1000m with 250 jog recovery between intervals. Aim to have the session over in 25 mins or less. If it's Monday, rest on Tuesday, and vice-versa
Wed: 7.5k tempo run. Aim for 4:15-4:20 pace
Thurs: 9k moderate pace, hopefully with a friend of mine if our diaries line up
Fri: 26km run in to work along the Gardiners Creek and Capital City Trails
Sat: rest
Sun: 1.5-2hr trail run. Lets say 17k, but could be more or less. 

That's about 65k. Sometimes I'll miss one or two of those runs for whatever reason, but last week I missed four out of five. Public holiday Monday, too busy at work Tuesday, blah blah blah. Not good enough, particularly with the first race of the Salomon Trail Series coming up in two weeks. (I'm doing the three Melbourne-based races in the mid-distance category.)

It's also not good enough if I want to achieve my list of running goals I have pinned up at my work:

1. Sub 15 min lap of the Tan
2. Sub 40 min 10k
3. Sub 55 min Puffing Billy
4. Sub 90 min half marathon
5. Sub 3:30 marathon
6. Sub 6:30 Two Bays 56km
7. Complete a 100km ultra.

Here's to getting back on track...

(Today ended up being a 'no run' day, so it's intervals tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment